Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Preview

I feel like I have butterflies fluttering around in my stomach right now. I present to you a clip of the DVD...

Stretch Your Scrapbooking with Allison Davis from Scrapbook Generation on Vimeo.


* Obviously the quality of the DVD will be much, much better than this clip. Our producer explained to us something about uploading a compressed file to a compressed site blah blah blah that proved to us why he is a producer and we are scrapbookers. The DVD was filmed in HD so believe me, it will be great!

I will admit that it is a little scary to put yourself out there. I sat at our computer the other day with Mike to watch this clip. I was so nervous for him to see it! A lot because he doesn't really know the dorky, scrapbooker side of me. He knows the smart ass, goofy, I-won't-annoy-my-hubby-with-my-super-dorky-scrapbooking-stuff side. The second the clip started I was picking myself apart. My voice, my clothes, my chin...seriously, everything! It got to the point that he made me leave the room so he could watch it.

I sat in the other room and worried that I was going to look like an idiot or sound stupid. I was starting to convince myself that this DVD was a bad idea and for all the wrong reasons. I was focusing on the things that don't really matter. All I want to come across on the DVD is my love for creating and sharing it with others. Who cares if I think I have a double chin or I was wishing I had not pulled my hair back.

It's not about that.

It's about getting the most out of your scrapbooking. It's about taking a sketch and using it over and over with each layout looking completely different. It's about using products in several different ways. It's about techniques that help to get the most out of those products. It's about helping a beginner to get started or give an advanced scrapbooker some ideas. And most important, it's about sharing a hobby that we all love, whether it's for the fun, creative escape or to preserve our memories for our families. :)

15 comments:

Amy said...

Great job on the DVD!

reen said...

Thanks for the sneak peek! I think you look great, nice job!

Scrapthat said...

You did Great Allison! Remember we are our own worst critics...you are the only one who will be picking you apart...the rest of us are listening with interest! :) Cool LO too! TFS

connie said...

I think you did great! Can't wait for the DVD.

Anonymous said...

Rhonda H said...
I cannot wait for that email announcing the DVD's are ready. I went to a cardmaking get-together in Kimberling City last weekend and was really spreading the word about the DVD! You and Stacy look great. Please don't be so hard on yourself. You are helping us so much by doing this. Scrapbookers are definitely VISUAL people! So we NEEEEEED those DVD's...there WILL be more, won't there???

Penny Peck said...

I can't believe you beat yourself up when watching the DVD - all I saw was a bunch of creativity and good interaction between sisters!

Amy from KC said...

What a fabulous video! It's absolutely charming and has lots of good instructional tips. (You both look great, by the way.) So, have you started planning for Stretch Your Scrapbooking volume 2? ;)

I can't wait for my DVD to arrive.

Allison Davis said...

Thank you! We haven't yet decided if we will do more or not. The plan is to see how this one goes and then go from there. We would really love to do a series of them!

CodyandTraci said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you, for putting yourself out there.

Jennifer said...

I think you did (and look) great! Your talent is undeniable!!

dawn said...

I had to wait all day to watch this and it was WORTH IT!!! Thank you Thank you to both of you!! It was so cool to see how you did it, makes sense now. I've been working with my sketch book and still have a hard time. Just seeing you two put it together makes sense now. Please don't worry and be negative about yourself. You did an amazing job, I never realized all the work you were putting into this with all the explaining about everything. That's a hard thing to do for anyone. You both looked great and had fun together. Thank you thank you again!!!

Luv2talk said...

Really, after your amazing talent, that's one of the things I like best about you: how REAL you are. How every-day-approachable-feel-what-the-rest-of-us-feel-say-what-the-rest-of-are-thinking sort of person you are.

I think Ellen Degeneres said, "We spend all this time worrying about what other people are thinking about us, when really, all they're doing is wondering what we're thinking about them."

Can't wait for my DVD. :)

Allison Davis said...

Your comment made me smile! (and I love that quote...it's a great one to always have floating around in your head and so true!) Thank you! :)

debbie susee said...

The video looks great and you are adorable.

Viji Siddharth said...

I have this clip like 6 times till now!! love it!