Monday, October 4, 2010

Hello October!

I love the fall! I'm especially lovin' it this year after the crazy hot summer we had. It's nice to have some cool days around here.

October is one of my favorite months of the year. There are so many fun activities going on like Spooktacular at the zoo, picking out costumes, making all kinds of spooky treats, trick or treating on Halloween, and my favorite...



picking pumpkins at the pumpkin patch. I had never been to a pumpkin patch before Drew was born. I remember taking him that first year and instantly knowing that it was going to be a trip we made every year. I love those moments when you realize you are starting your own family traditions.

8 comments:

Scrapthat said...

Very cool Ali!

dawn said...

October is my favorite too and especially picking out pumpkins. We also grow our own which is fun too. Love the layout and colors. Happy October to your family also.

Unknown said...

Love this layout! I love how you've gotten so many great pix without being cluttered. I'm the same - had never been to a patch before the kids were born...

Anonymous said...

I also love the pumpkin patch. Mom son has one (not with the fun stuff). I struggle to find a time to take the grandkids for photos.

I love the page, photos and the colors.

Linda from KS

Manhattan Mandie said...

Love the layout :) October is my favorite month because it's my birthday! I don't know why but I always feel like a kid in October... birthday, Halloween, lots of fun stuff to do and gorgeous weather!

Lydia said...

Fall is one of my faves as well, I just love the colors!! Wonderful layout, love those simple pumpkin shapes!!

Amy from KC said...

I love autumn, and October is usually the first month to "feel" like fall. Pumpkin bread, trips to the Red Barn Farm pumpkin patch, cider slushes and doughnuts at Vaughn's Orchard, the first crock pot of short rib stew, coq au vin...for me these all mean autumn in all of its glory. When the leaves start to change I just itch to head out on a road trip to see the fall color. And of course, I have tons of autumn-themed scrapbook products. More than I can use, really. (If anyone tells my husband I admitted that, I'll deny it!)

Unknown said...

I love fall colors they seem to have so much emotion behind them. Thanks for showing examples of pages that not all of the pictures are of a front/head on facial expression. I sometimes forget to take/use the ones that you can't see the front of the person. Great layout.