Tuesday, December 13, 2011

grandpa


A little over a week ago my Grandpa Arnall was involved in a head on collision. I got a text from my cousin that evening with the news that my Grandpa was being air lifted to a hospital in critical condition. He is 88-years-old and I would be lying if I didn't admit that I thought at that very moment that I was never going to see my Grandpa again.


The past week has been a roller coaster. Surviving a head on collision of that magnitude is not a common thing, especially for an 88-year-old man. I'm sure you can imagine the extent of his injuries without me having to go into details. It's been a very tough recovery for him, one that will take a long time and he is hanging in there. He is officially the toughest man I know.


It's scary to think just how quickly your life can change.

The boys are anxiously awaiting to give their Great-Grandpa high fives again and we are hoping that day is soon. 

I greatly appreciate all the prayers, good thoughts, and comforting emails and messages from everyone.
•••••••••••••

8 comments:

dawn said...

Thanks so much for the update, was hoping to hear this soon. Will keep all of you in my prayers and thoughts and sending hugs and get well soon wishes to your grandpa. I'm so glad the outcome is better then it could have been. You are all lucky to have more time together now.

These are great pictures and hope you will do something special with them.

Stay strong Allison!!
hugs and love
dawn

Erica said...

Thinking of you and your sweet family, Allison. I hope your grandpa heals quickly.

Love, Erica in Salt Lake :o)

connie said...

Thanks for the update. Keeping you and your family in my prayers.

Penny Peck said...

Thanks for sharing with us about this so we can pray.

Sue Althouse said...

Your family and especially your grandfather are in my thoughts and prayers. Praying for a swift and complete recovery.

snapdragon said...

Oh- how scary for your family! We'll be praying!

Anonymous said...

I love all your family pictures, but that is such a great picture of Grandpa and Jackson. Love it. I don't think either of them could be any happier.

Obtener ciudadania said...

Admiring the persistence you put into your blog and in depth information you provide. It’s awesome to come across a blog every once in a while that isn’t the same unwanted rehashed material. Fantastic read! I’ve bookmarked your site and I’m adding your RSS feeds to my Google account.