Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Mud. Mud. Muddy Mud.


This is what being a mama to little boys is like. Mud. Lots of mud.

This Saturday we had some pretty amazing weather for the middle of January. It felt like the beginning of Spring! The boys didn't hesitate to dash outside and play. I don't blame them. If I didn't happen to have mounds of work to get done I would have been out there too!

There is one small area of our backyard that isn't visible from inside the house. It just so happens to be the area where the water faucet is. I poked my head out the back door since I couldn't see them and to check up on them. I still couldn't see them from behind the wall but when I asked what they were doing they yelled:

"We're making mud pies for Chewy!"

Okay, I could live with that. They are boys after all. What would the life of a boy be like if he didn't get to make mud pies once in awhile? As a little girl, I myself, dabbled in a little mud pie making too. Since I had that experience I thought I knew what to expect as far as how muddy they would be. This must be a big difference with boys and girls. I thought there would be muddy hands for sure, maybe some mud on their clothes or faces but I had no idea that they would be wearing mud covered shoes.

Completely covered with mud shoes!

How-do-we-take-these-off mud shoes!

White mud covered shoes!

Needless to say, we did not attempt to revive the shoes. I figured these could be their official mud pie making shoes for future outdoor "culinary" adventures. And, it looks like I might need to stock up on laundry detergent for the warmer days of Spring.

6 comments:

Meg said...

I'm amazed at how dirty my 14 month old gets now... thanks for the preview of my future! Silly boys.

Mendi Yoshikawa said...

Great photo! I think God knew I could only handle girls. I was as prissy as they come when I was little and dealing with this on a daily basis may have set me over the edge. Ha-ha! :)

wteagon said...

I have the same problem with my boys. They are always in the outside water faucets and making muddy holes everywhere. I, too, got tired of cleaning shoes so we now have good, inside shoes and outside shoes.

janet said...

What a great layout/story this will make..ha!

Oh the priceless moments of being a little boy.

Blooming said...

I just came across your blog! I love it.
You have such cute kids <3

Love,
Breathe Me

Lynn and Paul said...

Love it. My boy is nearly 25 now but he once decided to 'camo' himself up with ash from a bonfire.

See link: http://supersmileysheep.blogspot.co.uk/2011/03/mucky-pup.html?m=1

You have to laugh xx

Lynn