Drew is heading into third grade and I can't believe the change in him just over the few months this summer. I think this school year is going to be a big year of change for him. He's got a new hair style, well, really just a new style in general. He's also in excellent shape thanks to taking mixed martial arts classes and he walks with so much more confidence. I really think this is going to be a great year for him!
Jackson is, oh my goodness, in Kindergarten! An official "big boy" now. He's been excited for Kindergarten to start since the last day of pre-school! I don't think this day could have come fast enough for him.
A few random things I don't want to forget about his first day of Kindergarten:
• This morning when I woke him up he was really nervous. He said, "I don't think I'm ready for Kindergarten yet."
• He picked out his favorite racing shirt because he wanted everyone in his class to know that he likes cars.
• After his favorite breakfast of waffles he rushed to get ready, grabbed his backpack, and stood by the door ready to go. We still had 30 minutes before we had to leave. I don't think he moved from that spot until we left. Every time we would walk past the door he would jump, ready to open the door and go.
• I asked him if it was okay if I gave him a hug and a kiss when we walked him to his classroom. He asked if we could just do that in the car. (This was the point that I went from I'm okay to I'm not okay!)
• I overheard Drew giving Jackson advice for school. The ins and outs of lunch, recess, where to go, etc. It was so sweet!
• On the drive to school Mike tried to talk to Jackson asking him what he was most excited about. Jackson said, "I don't want to talk, Dad". He was so nervous!
• We got to Jackson's classroom and he was so ready for us to go! He wasn't shy at all, he was just ready to get this Kindergarten thing going!
I hope that today is filled with fun and excitement for him!