Friday, April 13, 2007



My latest. The top, I'm not too crazy about. It was for a page call and I had about one day to get something done and sent in. I love the picture of Drew with markings all over his face and it was a fun layout to create. I actually colored on the chipboard title with crayons to fit the theme of the layout. I got to a point with it that I thought it needed more and ended up going overboard. Defiantly not one of my favorites.
Oh well. Happens to the best of us!
The second page I love! I had started working on it months ago but set it aside so I could get caught up on my class stuff and finish my HOF entries. I've been trying to make myself get some older photos on a layout before I forget what I wanted to journal about. I did short and sweet journaling and then listed everyone that visited Drew at the hospital when he was born. I love the photos of everyone holding him, especially the biggest photo. Unfortunately, I have very few pictures of my dad and Drew.
Okay, changing the subject.
I got my first assignment!!! This will be my first published page!! I'm so excited!
And terrified!
And excited!
And terrified!
Okay, I'm mostly excited. I just don't want people to look at my pages and say "How in the hell did she get picked for HOF!" I'm trying to look at it as I will be making pages that I love and if everyone else loves them too, fabulous. If not, it doesn't matter to me (total lie...it does matter to me a little, I'm sensitive!) Drew will have a ton of albums to admire when he grows up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ali, some people will love your work (those with taste), some people will hate it (those that are idiots!). Personally, I think you have a great sense of style and I love your work. CK is lucky to have you as a Hall of Famer.

Amy Egger

Allison Davis said...

Thank you so much Amy...that's so sweet of you to say!!!

the scrappy chic said...

Hi Allison! I think your Artist page is adorable! I saw it in the store yesterday too. I really like it. Hope you're doing good and having fun with your HOF stuff:) See ya soon!