Monday, August 13, 2007

Random Stuff

It seems like it's been forever since I posted last! I've got a stressful week ahead of me so I've don't have much time to post.

Last Thursday Mom, Karin, Grandma, Stacey, Drew, and I went out to dinner at Zio's for my very belated birthday. The funniest thing was Drew only wanted to be around Karin or Kanin as he says. It was pretty cute. He would yell across the table to get her attention. I don't think she got to eat much of her dinner! He also covered everyone with stickers that came in the kids menu. Not one of us left without a lady bug or flower on their arm or shirt.

Friday night we went to Flippin AR. for the Benny Arnall (my dad) memorial race. It was a good turn out considering the hot temperatures and we gave out a ton of bikes that went home with some very happy kids! Drew didn't enjoy the races as much as I had hoped. As much as he likes cars and is constantly saying "watch race cars!", I figured he would love it! All he really wanted to do was run up and down the hill in the grandstands. It was so hot and with him running so much, he ended up pretty much soaked in sweat. Wait till you see the shirt I made him for the race. It was so cute! I'll try to post some pictures of it soon. I was really proud of it.

Speaking of racing, Stacey and I officially sold our race car, Eugene. Yes, we named our race car. We also talked to "him" before each race! We were/are such goofballs. Every racer has their little traditions and superstitions. It was sad to sell him but we just don't have the time for it anymore and he's going to a good home.

The rest of the weekend I worked in a mad dash to get some work done. I am finally caught up and a even a little bit ahead. Woohoo!

I hope everyone had a great weekend. Time for me to get back to work!

4 comments:

Raesha D said...

Happy belated birthday!!! We eat at Zio's almost once a week:):)

Kodi Logan said...

its nice to know someone else names their cars. once they get to be a certain age....they are worthy of being named. my college car, which is now trai's work car, is named Bessie! My whole family calls her that!

Holly said...

Have you ever had Zio's spinach artichoke pasta? I don't think I have ever gone there and NOT gotten that!
I would also like to see a pic of Eugene!

Allison Davis said...

I love Zio's too!!!! I've never tried the spinach artichoke pasta but I am the same way, I can't go and NOT order the chicken cannelloni!!

Bessie is a hilarious name!! It got to a point with Eugene that everybody at the race track would call the car that.

Thanks for the happy birthday!!