Thursday, August 16, 2007


It's Hall of Fame product challenge time at Creating Keepsakes again! This month we are featuring Tinkering Ink and one of my all time favorites, Scenic Route. If you want to play along, just get your hands on some Tinkering Ink or Scenic Route and head on over to Creating Keepsakes.

The 15th of the month also means that it's challenge time at Consider Yourself Challenged. I'm so thankful for Marti's challenge this week, if it weren't for her I would have never thought to do a page on this subject. It's one of my favorite memories of Drew! Thank you so much Marti for inspiring me to think out of the scrappy box!!

The design of my layout is also inspired by Jessica Sprague's Creating Keepsakes August cover. Because of that layout I keep wanting to add scalloped edges on everything! (I actually used a circle punch to cut out a cardstock circle and then I cut the circles in half and adhered them in a line. )

It looks like it's just going to be Stacey and I in Vegas. That's asking for trouble, I know! Mom really wanted to go but I was in desperate need for someone to watch Drew. We didn't realize that Memory Trends is in the middle of the week. I really wish Mike would go but apparently spending his vacation days that are set aside for hunting is out of the question. Seriously, hunting over Vegas. What is wrong with him!

I've been working really hard on phase #2 of the Scrapbooker of the Year contest. I don't know if I'm allowed to tell what we have to do so I'll just keep quiet about it! I will tell you this, it's something that I am really enjoying. If I won, this is one of the parts that I would love most about it, what I would really feel at home with. What I feel I can do and do well. I know that doesn't really paint a picture of what I'm working on but that's all I should probably say!

Big Brother is getting crazy!! I can't believe how cruel Dick was! Even though he was being a complete ass I still kind of like him. I'm pretty sure Dustin is going home, based off of the way America has been voting for Eric. Poor Eric! If that happens, I'm afraid everyone will be after him. I'm looking forward to tonight's show!!

Well it's 3:00 a.m. and time for this girl to go to bed! Hope everyone is staying cool in this crazy heat wave we've had!

7 comments:

Holly said...

The swirls coming out of Drew's mouth are GREAT! I also like you spread about The Boys!

joscelyne cutchens said...

I love your work, you are completely awesome! and congrats on the cover!
i love scallops, the stiched swirls... and the the boys layout is awesome too!
Good Luck in VEGAS!

Unknown said...

My sentiments exactly on BB. America get with it!!!!! ED needs to go, but I think it will be dustin to. sniff sniff. Hey I may be going to memory trends! Yeah!!!!! Oh and btw I tagged you on my blog, check it out!

great job on the LO's! you rock cover girl!

the scrappy chic said...

Hey girl! I loved your journaling on the argument layout, and I really loved the swirls coming out of Drew's mouth. Too cute! I like the boy page too! I am so excited for you and soy. I just hope you and Stacey actually make it to some of the scrapping events:) Just kidding! I know you girls are gonna have a blast!!!

Kodi Logan said...

yeah, has anyone notified Vegas that the two of you will be arriving soon? i can't even begin to imagine the fun the two of you will have. i'm sure your mom is totally bummed to not go. i could tell she really wanted to. i bet stacey just feels HORRIBLE about it! :)

your new pages are great as usual. i hope the soy contest goes your way. you'd be great for that big ole honkin title! when do you leave?

Allison Davis said...

LOL!! No, but someone should!! The way I see it is I'm sure I'm going to be so nervous I won't be able to sleep so why not just stay up all night and gamble!
We leave on September 18...only a month away!!!! :)

Is it sad that I like to be tagged? Oh well, it gives me something to blog about which is good right now since nothing too exciting is going on. Just work stuff.

Thank you all so much for the compliments and congrats!! I'm still in shock with all that has happened in the last 4 months and to hear people say such nice things really makes it so much more special.

Kelly said...

I have loved looking through your blog today (forst time LOL)- your work is gorgeous and inspiring!!