I'm running a little late in the resolutions game this year. I'm so used to having a big hoopla over New Year's Eve but being pregnant but a little damper on that this year. I guess I just kind of forgot about the new year! I hadn't even thought about my goals for '08.
I know that my yearly #1 goal of losing weight is out this year. Well, at least for the time being. I'll have to wait until after May for that one.
I will use my video camera more this year. I had gotten in such a picture taking mode that I forgot about the video camera stashed up in the top of our front closet. About a month ago we watched some home videos and I had forgotten how much fun it was to watch them. Scrapbooking is a great way to record a memory but it's just not the same has hearing actual voices.
I will complete the huge crossword puzzle in the back of Star Magazine. I know this is kind of a lame goal but I am determined to finish one! I always get stuck on the ones that ask "City in (insert some small, unheard of country)" Sure I could look it up on the internet but I want to finish one without doing that.
I will keep a journal. This one is a yearly goal for me. I never make it through the year but I'm hoping it will change this year. Instead of writing about the day or my feelings, I'm going to write little notes about silly things Drew has said that day. He's getting so vocal and half the stuff he says cracks me up! I want to remember that stuff but since it's so everyday I tend to forget about it a few days later. I'm hoping it will be a good reference for future scrapbook pages too.
Getting to know me in '08
My blog buddy Kodi tagged me with this little getting to know you "quiz". I thought it would be a good thing to blog about and have to look back on. It's always funny to look back and see what you thought and did a few years ago.
1. What time did you get up this morning? 7:00. Yuck! I am so not a morning person but the lack of sleeping due to pregnancy has officially started. It seems almost impossible to find a comfortable position to sleep in.
2. Diamonds or pearls? Diamonds
3.The last movie you saw at a movie theater? I Am Legend. We went New Year's Eve thinking that it would be a good time to go since it was New Year's Eve and it wouldn't be packed...wrong. Apparently everyone else had the same idea.
4. What is your favorite TV show? America's Next Top Model. I'm in ANTM heaven right now since it's a week long "modelathon" on VH1 right now.
5. What do you usually have for breakfast? Coffee
6. What is your middle name? Renee
7. What food do you dislike? Canned meat. Does anyone eat that stuff? I've never tried it and don't think I will anytime soon. Oh yeah, hot dogs too.
8. What is your favorite CD at the moment? I don't really buy CD's anymore but my favorite songs right now are: Sorry-Buckcherry, Paralyzer-Finger Eleven, and Coming Undone-Korn. I'm a rock girl.
9. What kind of car do you drive? Ford Expedition...aka The Big Rig
10. Favorite sandwich? BLT
11. What characteristics do you despise? Lack of tact. I'm don't see why it's so hard for some people to be polite. I totally understand people who speak their mind but seriously, what happened to showing a little bit of sensitivity to people's feelings?
12. Favorite item of clothing? right now anything w/ an elastic waist...that's so sad!
13. If you could go anywhere in the world for a vacation, where would it be? Hands down, Italy!
14. What color is your bathroom? Plain ass white...haven't gotten to that room yet.
15. Favorite brand of clothing? I don't really pay attention to brands. If I like it, I buy it.
16. Where would you retire? Right here, I guess.
17. Most memorable birthday? 21st..It's not really memorable for the fun part but instead for the fact that I spent the afternoon at my great-grandmother's funeral and then Stacey announced her engagement that day. Not really a lot of room for celebrating.
18. Favorite Sport to watch? dirt track racing.
19. When is your birthday? July 18
20.Are you a morning person or a night person? night
21. What is your shoe size? 8
22. What did you want to be when you were little? A doctor. I spent three years doing volunteer work at Cox Hospital while I was in high school. I'm not for sure what happened but my once strong stomach became a weak one and I couldn't handle the blood and stuff.
23. What are you doing today? cleaning my scrapbook room.
24. What is your favorite candy? It's a toss up between Snickers and chocolate covered peanuts.
25. What is your favorite flower? I don't know. I'm not really a flower person.
26. What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to? May 22.
27. Do you wish on stars? sometimes
28. What is your pet peeve? When people make their kids "clean" their plate. I had someone that did this to me and I am forever in fear of hot dogs because of it. I swear that was the only thing she could make and she knew I hated them. Nothing like being force fed your least favorite food.
29. Last person you spoke to on the phone? Mike
30. Favorite soft drink? I'm not really a big soda fan.
31. Favorite restaurant? Zios
32. Hair Color? auburn..well it used to be. It keeps getting darker and darker.
33. Siblings? 1 sister
34. Favorite day of the year? I love the 4th of July!
35. Favorite toy as a child? Hello...Lite Bright, the most awesome toy ever.
36. Hugs or kisses? Hugs
37. Chocolate or vanilla? Chocolate
38. What is under your bed? Don't know...don't want to know.
39. Who is the friend you've had longest? My sis, Stacey.
40. What did you do last night? Cleaned. I really know how to live it up!
41. Favorite smell? BBQ in the summer.
42. What are you afraid of? Tornadoes!
43. How many keys on your key ring? 5
44. How many years at your current job? 4
45. Favorite day of the week? Saturday
46. How many towns have you lived in? 6
47. Do you make friends easily? Not really. I think my shyness comes off as stuck-up. I really need to work on that. Maybe that should be a goal for '08!