Monday, June 30, 2008

I don't know if I've ever gone this long without blogging. Let's just say that life has been busy. Well not necessarily busy, I'm just busy enjoying it. I'll do a little recap of a few things that have been going on.

Drew's birthday party was a success. We had a few mishaps but that's to be expected. The biggest was the cake catastrophe. I will spare you the details. It all turned out fine. Drew loved his cake and that was all that mattered.


The "Birthday Tree" was a hit. I think everybody thought I was insane but Drew loved it. He had been saying since Christmas that for his birthday he wanted a Christmas tree at his party. I wasn't about to drag out our huge tree so I decorated a small one with Lightening McQueen foam shapes and ribbon.


I won $1000.00 on a scratcher ticket. I never buy them but for some reason thought I would give it a shot.


After the first number matched and I saw that I had won $50.00 I thought, "Sweet! Fifty dollars!" Each number ended up matching and each prize was $50.00. What a nice little bonus that was!

For a few days our backyard was a lake.


One day it was so bad that our street was completely under water! All I have to say is - Rain, rain, go AWAY!

We thought it would be fun to take a little trip to Animal Paradise (used to be Exotic Animal Paradise). It cost us $33.00 to see a few deer, something that we named a zonkey because it looked like a mix between a zebra and a donkey, a couple of goats, cows, and...


this big smelly camel that Drew was brave enough to feed. I now know why they dropped the "Exotic" part from the name. Seriously it was horrible. The only part that made it fun was that Drew loved it.

This little guy is getting cuter (and chubbier) every day.


And he already needs a hair cut! Look at the hair over his ears! The back is really long too.


I was hoping that we could make it a year before we cut it but at this rate his eyes will be covered!

So there is my little recap! :)

8 comments:

PattiM said...

Fun bday party, love the bday tree.. cute idea....Congrats on winning the $1,000... I one 1,500.00 on a lotto ticket... thought I won 150,000 but they had just changed the pay system and it ended up being the lesser amount, of course..

Thats alot of water in the backyard. hope it drained away...

Our DGS was interested in feeding the camel at our lake recently... TG the two didn't spit... ewwwww but I got some great pictures

Drew is so adorable... love the pic of DH explaining about the baby... too cute...And I'd be exhausted with a new baby in the house and a toddler... I remember those days well.... Multi-tasking, being pulled in every direction... loving it but wishing I could sleep for a whole day...And the feeling of holding you toddler and new born child in your arms at night.... loved that feeling....

Hugs,

PattiM
(Pattie's passion)

I Scrap So All Moments Are Remembered!!!

Jackson is the cutest and look at all that hair....

Holly said...

I've wanted to email you to see how things were going, but I'm too busy as well! I'm glad to see more pics of Jackson! He's a cutie-patootie! His hair is so dark, but the eyebrows are a little lighter..am I seeing that right? Cute!

Similar scenes in my neighborhood too. Especially our street. It's definitely getting old.

I'm glad the party went well and Drew was a happy camper! That's the most important thing.

Allison said...

Oh man, what a bummer about Animal Paradise, sans the Exotic. That place used to be cool. Congrats on the lotto! I always used to win in MO, but no luck in OK.

Cute cute babies! :)

Latrice said...

How much fun have you been having!! Whoo hoo on the lottery ticket, that's always a plus. Your little guys are too cute. The baby is soooooo cute!!!! Nice to see you back bloggin girlie. Talk to you soon.

have a safe 4th!

kelly said...

$1000! that is exciting :)

Holly said...

I can't get over Jackson's chubby lil cheeks! SO CUTE! Tanner is working on some, but he has a ways to go.

Jennifer said...

Congrats on the ticket win! I can't get over how Jackson lookslike Drew! Stacy says he's looking like you more and more. Have a happy 4th!!

the scrappy chic said...

Wow! You hit the jackpot! Little Jackson is just adorable!