Friday, July 11, 2008

A challenge


I have decided to challenge myself as a way to use up my stash and get some pages done. I've planned 30 pages and I'm going to try to get one done a day. Let's see if I actually pull it off! This page is my Thursday page. It went very quickly because I had a sketch, the journaling all done and a title ready. All I had to do was sit down and put it all together. It was fun to get to use some pink for once. Karin will always be my excuse for using pink!

I knew this was going to be the summer of injuries since Drew is getting braver and more active. I just didn't expect this...


He fell off the step on our back porch, which is just a concrete slab, and landing right on his forehead. It immediately started swelling and he's got a huge bump on his forehead. This was the first injury that it actually hurt me to look at it. He's pretty proud of it though. He asked me to take a picture of it so he could see it and then this morning when I dropped him off at daycare he ran in to show it off. Being the mother of boys I'm sure I need to get used to these kind of injuries!

Another addition to Drew's room. I made a growth chart with some really cute felt rockets from Fancy Pants. Thank goodness I saved every growth record from our doctor so I can mark Drew's height from birth to now. The only bad thing about it is that Drew wants to pull it down.




Have a great weekend! :)

8 comments:

Jenny Mick said...

I love the growth chart!! That is adorable!! I'm the mom of 2 boys and my oldest had an injury just like your little guy. He was running and fell into the edge of the fireplace. Middle of his forehead, swole up just like yours. Don't be surprised if as the swelling decreases if both of his eyes bruise like black eyes! Gotta love those boys and their activity!!!

joscelyne cutchens said...

OH no, that poor head. they say though it's better when it swells out (than swelling into the brain)

Yep, my boys were always falling and bumping their heads. (no jokes please) hee hee.

love the growth chart and good luck to accomplishing your challenge. By the way, loved your article in the last ck. you rock!

Unknown said...

CUTE growth chart, and well bumps on the forehead are a must have on todays little boy. The are all the rage in europe. Just know that there will be a bump there for a LONG time but eventually it will go away. The boys each had one on their head for two years each, I know lucky me for christmas pics. Let's just pray that Drews cute little face will be bump free soon.

Miss you!!!

~liz

Allison said...

Poor lil' guy! I really love the layout - those vinyl AC alphas are just awesome. Need to get some more. Cute chart too!

the scrappy chic said...

Good luck on your challenge. Maybe that's what I should try since I seem to be getting NOTHING done!!! Poor little Drew. That picture is really cute though, and I love the growth chart!

creasa said...

This chart is so adorable! What a great idea! Poor little guy...he does look awfully adorable...bump and all!

Latrice said...

This growth chart is too darn cute!! I need to make one, one of these days. Of course I love the stitching like always.

Latrice said...
This comment has been removed by the author.