Friday, March 26, 2010

The Great Debate

I may get in trouble for this post. Dog house here I come!

Much to Mike's dislike I made him watch Twilight. Then when New Moon came out in the theaters I forced him, almost kicking and screaming, to go see it with me. Of course he moaned and groaned through movie like a typical male. When we got home and were settling down for the night he asked me, "So would you say you are team Edward or team Jacob?"

"Uh, duh honey. Team Edward!" I replied.

"WHAT!", he yelled with a little too much disgust for someone who didn't want to see the movies at all. About two seconds later he realized that his self labeled bad ass image was fading away and he might have over reacted. "I mean, uh, you don't like the buff guy?"

What followed that question was a 30 minute debate over vampires and wolves. Mike was desperately trying not to get too heated but I could hear the struggle in his voice. It was clear that he was team Jacob. The line was drawn.

I probably crossed that line when I thought it would be funny to tell this story to my super anti-Twilight brother-in-law. Mike didn't find this too funny. Jeremy on the other hand thought it was hilarious. I saw it as my payback for the very embarrassing information about me that he offered to his family the first time I met them.

So Christmas rolls around and Mike and I both get these round tube shaped presents from Jeremy and Stacey. I was baffled and very cautiously opened mine. The laughter could not be contained.



Mike was a good sport, especially considering that his secret had been exposed in front of my family. Those posters are now hanging on the inside of both our closet doors so that when they open Edward and Jacob have a little stare down. (Sometimes I forget mine's there and it makes me jump when I open the door!)

Let's hope Mike gets as good of a laugh out of this blog post as he did the posters. :)

Now to the non-Twilight portion of this post:

Come join me Sunday at 8:00 p.m. where I will be chatting with the Fisk-a-teers about our sketch books and DVD! There will be giveaways, a sketch challenge and I'm sure a lot of fun! :)

12 comments:

dawn said...

Thanks for sharing a funny story about you two. I think you two disagreeing makes for some fun times ahead. How funny to get each of you a poster. Thanks for a laugh this morning. Where do we join you for the chat with Fiskateers?

Frances said...

How funny! My husband and I have had the same debate...I am sooo team Edward and he is team Jacob. Now we don't have posters, but there may be some t-shirts in our future...hehe!

Jennifer DeWolfe said...

Ha ha! That is a hillarious story but unfortunately I have to side with Mike hear as I am a team Jacob girl myself :) This would make such an awesome layout though ... such fun!

Laura said...

I love this post and I love the rivalry. I enjoy your blog as a fellow scrapper. Thanks for sharing your ideas and your life.
Totally team Edward:)

kroller said...

I think I love Twilight books/movies a little more than my hubby likes...lets just say "he's switzerland" on the issue of any of it. He would refuse any involvement period. When the first poster of Edward entered my scrap room and my boys loudly announced "mommy there's the guy you love on that magazine" while standing in line at the grocery store...he seems to get a little grumpy when anything Twilight is seen or heard.LOL I felt bad about his displeasure and removed the poster but have a twilight lunch box that has Edward on it I keep my adhesives in so he's never too far away ; ) Thanks for sharing and congrats on the Fisk-a-teers!

Anonymous said...

Love the blog. I thought only teenage girls were on the Team Jacob.....

Anonymous said...

I don't know who left the anonymous comment (obviously) but it is hilarious! Ali, make sure to pass that one on to Mike.

Allison Davis said...

Anonymous...lol!! I would tell my hubs but I don't want him to know I posted this!

Anonymous said...

OK girls, it was me....Linda from KS. I thought you could see my name.

Anonymous said...

Linda, I had no idea you were so sassy. Love it!

Christy Carlson said...

Haha love this! Team Edward here as well!

Amy from KC said...

My husband would pretend to NEVER have heard of Edward or Jacob. Here is a funny story about my husband that he would never want me to share. I often find him cuddled up in the snuggie that I bought for my Mom! I finally said something to him about noticing he seems to like the snuggie. His insulted response, "It's the only blanket I can find to use!" Oh ok, I'll have to stop hiding the regular blankets on the back of the sofa and the back of his chair...

Men! ;)