Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A Big Weekend

Stacey and I were talking last night about how easy we thought it was going to be working for our family business. When Scrapbook Generation was born we thought it would be a cake job with the added bonus of getting away with whatever we wanted. I don't think I need to go into too much detail for you to know how wrong we were. This is by far the hardest job I've ever had. Although, I really don't have much comparison beyond my four year stint as a waitress during my high school years.

Stacey and I laughed at how naive we were. We also talked about how we wouldn't trade this job for any other in the world. It's hard, but fun. Exhausting, but rewarding. Challenging, but exciting. For six years, for us to say we have all worked our butts off is truly an understatement.

This weekend was one of those times that I was extremely proud of us, of Scrapbook Generation.

Over the course of five days, we moved Scrapbook Generation to a new, bigger location. What can I say? Part of it was hard, fun, exhausting, rewarding, challenging, and all of it was exciting.

Let me tell you, I thought moving into a new home was hard work. This didn't even compare. Could you imagine trying to pack and unpack all of this...


and this isn't even all of it. Thank goodness we were just moving next door!

We had a lot of help from the men in our lives, especially Stacey's husband Jeremy who I will now refer to as Construction Cowboy.


He just couldn't resist the left over props from one of our retreats. I couldn't help but to giggle every time I would look over to see Jeremy handing slat wall with that hat on. Jeremy was the one who made it possible for us to open so quickly after such a big move.

The only thing Jackson was interested in was riding on the dolly.


Mike would bring a paper shelf over from the old store and Jackson had to ride back on the dolly every single time. He loved it! When we were done with the dolly he moved on to the carts and enjoyed rides around the new store with Grandma. Why am I not surprised that he loved anything that had wheels on it.

I figured Drew would get tired of being at the new store so much but he never wanted to leave. The new building is huge and had so much room for exploring so he was always finding new things to play with.


Today he was entertaining himself with bingo balls and this bucket. We got a good laugh when we looked over to see that he had decided to get in the bucket himself. Always a little goof ball.

I wish I could show more picture of the new, completed store but really we've got a long way to go. Five days just didn't allow for us to do all the things we had planned. I can't wait to share more pictures after tomorrow.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This will be a New Year's your family will never forget. It is nice that Jeremy brings a little humor. He seems like a fun guy!

I am anxious to make a trip to Springfield to see the new store.

It is obvious that all of you work so hard - thus the wonderful store, Sketch Support, retreats, classes, etc. These are the things that make your business top notch!

Thanks for sharing the photos.


Linda from KS

dawn said...

I love the pictures and the story. So happy for your family to be on this adventure together. All of you have worked hard and deserve that big new store. I hope this year to see it, it's one of my goals to get out there. Such cute boys you have playing and I love Jeremy's get-up a true construction cowboy, so funny. Thanks for sharing.

Carolyn Wolff said...

I am soooooo jealous. Congratulations to the entire Scrapbook Generations family.

Christina Hoffman said...

Awesome job ladies and gentlemen!!! I can't wait for my lunch hour so I can make a trip to the new location!!!! I'm so excited!!! I'm gonna feel like a kid in a candy store.

Kim said...

Congrats to you and your new space! I pray that you will prosper:)
~Kim

Scrapthat said...

Huge job I'll bet you'll be glad to see the backside of!
Of course the boys are their usual adorable selves! TFS

Melanie said...

You did this huge move AND opened sketch support in the SAME weekend! You are all superwomen! :)

Luv2talk said...

Wish I lived close enough to see the new place. Here's to more good years at the new location.