Friday, May 13, 2011

The Mickey Mouse birthday bash


To say Jackson had a great time at his 3rd birthday party would truly be an understatement. We had his party at Wacky World, a local indoor inflatable park. Since it was Mother's Day we had the whole bouncy place to ourselves, which meant the adults got to partake in some jumping fun! 

 
Age clearly does not apply to us SG girls. We had a blast jumping, sliding, playing catch with bouncy balls, and laughing uncontrollably.

The cake was... well, a challenge. I had shown Jackson some pictures of Mickey Mouse cakes that I had found online and let him pick out his favorite. Of course he goes with the most difficult one. Two tiers of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse madness.


I wasn't too proud of the finished result until I saw Jackson's reaction. It was by far the best reaction I've gotten yet out of my years of making birthday cakes for the boys. His excitement over it made it so worth the up until 4 a.m. cake construction challenge.


Now that this party is over it's already time to start planning Drew's Mario birthday party at the Aquatic Center. Just like his brother, he picked out a very difficult cake. I'm desperately trying to convince him to go with cupcakes but he's not budging!

10 comments:

Heather K said...

What a fun birthday and I think you are too hard on yourself, that cake is gorgeous. You have two very lucky boys.

COScraps said...

How fun...and that cake is amazing! What a great mom!!!

dawn said...

I love the cake Allison and think you did a wonderful job on it. You should think of the cakes like your sketches and take it one step at a time. Jackson looks cute in his Mickey ears and t-shirt. My kids know just a plain simple cake is all I make, sometimes those don't even turn out right. So happy your cakes work out for you. Thanks for sharing. Good luck on Drew's.

dawn said...

I forgot to say great pictures of the adults having fun. We have 2 places like that here and I went last year on mother's day and it was packed with dads taking their kids out for the day so the moms could stay at home and enjoy the peace,lol. I was the only mom there and I got a free slice of pizza and a drink. The kids had a blast and so did I.

Cindy said...

Too cute-love the photos! That little guy is adorable! Looks like a funtime was had by all!

Jennifer DeWolfe said...

It definitely looks like you gals had a great time! Those pictures will be so much fun to scrapbook!

I think Drew's cake looks awesome! You did a great job! Can't wait to see what you do with Mario :)

scrapinbabygal said...

Looks like an awesome party especially for the adults! Love the cake- its awesome! And Jackson is just too cute!! Sabrina

janet said...

You are one AWESOME mom Allison! I remember making these type of cakes for my little girl, and her reaction was all the thanks I ever needed. My little girl is now 14 and STILL remembers her cakes. What great memories...right?

Anonymous said...

Such a lovely shot of me coming down the slide...

I'm so glad I get to share a birthday with that mouse-ear-wearing little munchkin! Great party!

Slidin' Stacey

Laurie said...

What a great cake! I'm one of those moms who just buy the b'day cake. Jackson's delight is clear to see! He is one very lucky boy!