Monday, November 21, 2011
Last year I shared a four layer pumpkin cake that I make every year for Thanksgiving. (I believe I described it as pumpkintacular.) This year, because somewhere along the way I transformed me into a cupcake freak, I turned that pumpkin cake recipe into cute little pumpkin cupcakes. The cupcake is great but the icing is by far the best part. It's so light and fluffy and tastes like a whipped pumpkin pie. It's bliss on a cupcake.
Trust me you'll want to try these!
• 1 pkg. yellow cake mix
• 1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin, divided
• 1/2 cup milk
• 1/3 cup oil
• 4 eggs
• 1-1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice, divided
• 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
• 1 cup powdered sugar
• 1 tub (8 oz.) Cool Whip Whipped Topping, thawed
• 1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
• 1/4 cup chopped pecans
1. Heat oven to 350°F.
2. Beat cake mix, 1 cup pumpkin, milk, oil, eggs and 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice in large bowl with mixer until well blended.
3. Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full with batter.
4. Bake 15-20 min. or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 min. Remove from pans to cool completely.
5. For the icing, beat cream cheese in medium bowl with mixer until creamy. Add sugar, remaining pumpkin and spice; mix well. Gently stir in Cool Whip.
6. Pipe icing onto cupcakes.
7. Top with caramel and chopped pecans.
Posted by Allison Davis at 12:05 AM