Monday, August 20, 2007

Race Weekend Pictures


There are very few pictures of Drew actually watching the races. Most of the time he just wanted to run up and down the hill in the grandstands. The loud cars got his attention long enough for me to get a few good pictures.


This is the shirt that I made for Drew. It turned out a hundred times better than I thought it would. It was my first attempt at iron-ons, so I really didn't know what to expect. It made me want to make him a bunch more! By the end of the night the shirt didn't look so good. It was caked in dirt, sweat, and orange soda.


I've finally come to the conclusion that there will never be a good picture of Drew and I in existence. I guess it's just not meant to be! It would have turned out to be a great picture if he would have looked up! His mind was wandering to the hill he so badly wanted to run up and down.

Drew has begun a new toddler adventure...climbing out of his crib. To put it nicely, it sucks! Yesterday I was working when Mike put Drew down for his nap. Mike went out to mow the yard and the next thing I know, Drew is standing in the hallway. It's almost impossible to get him to stay in there now. It's taking forever to get him to simply take a nap. I'm just waiting for the morning that I wake up and he's got the couch covered with peanut butter or some strange toddler concoction.

I've got a class tonight so I've got to get ready for it! Hope you all had a great weekend! **Whoops! I forgot that I have been tagged by my CKMB buddy, Liz! I'll post it in the next day or two!

7 comments:

Holly said...

You did a great job on the t-shirt! Cute as can be!

the scrappy chic said...

Way to rock those iron-ons Allison! I am glad to see you in a picture finally, even if Drew wasn't looking. I don't hardly ever see you in your pics!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Amy, you look fab in pictures. Keep taking them with Drew, you will kick yourself later when he gets older if you don't. I love this pic.

Tell me more about the iron ons.

Latrice said...

Looks like you had a great time. The t-shirt looks professional. Keep up the good work. Talk to you soon.

Kim Watson said...

Hi Alli, just wanted to say hi and that I popped into your site for a look. I got your link off Liz's blog.

Congrats on winning Hall of Fame!! I will hopefully be able to take a peek at your gallery a little later when I have some time. {I too have a little one~ Max 3yrs} he keeps me running!!! How old is your son?

Anyway...you have a super day and I will visit again soon.
~Kim {from Cape Town}

Allison Davis said...

The iron ons were so easy. I just designed the shirt in Photoshop, flipped the design so that it is backwards, and then printed it onto an iron on that I bought at Walmart. The sad part is I had to buy an iron. We just throw our clothes in the dryer to get the wrinkles out!

joscelyne cutchens said...

super cute shirt!!!!!!
sadly i have to sit in the room with my toddler till he falls asleep....