Monday, August 2, 2010

Around the World - Sketches for Scrapbooking

It is so good to be home from CHA. Even when I returned home to a crashed computer. My stress levels had to have gone to an all time high. For two days I tried everything to make my computer stay on for more than two seconds and not sound like it was taking flight. Then this morning Mike walked out into the living room and said, "Why are you stressing so much about your computer? It's on right now." What! It was like he had magic fingers or the computer liked him better because all it took was him pushing the power button. Why in the world did it work for him and not me? Of course, being a man, he walked around for the rest of the day with a smug look on his face acting like he had split an atom.

Anyway, I'm so happy to have my computer working and just in time for my Around the World post. Below are eight layouts that have all used a Sketches for Scrapbooking sketch as a starting point. You can also view each person's gallery or blog by clicking on their name. I know that I love seeing what others have done with our sketches and I'm sure you all will too. They have all done an excellent job and created fabulous layouts. Keep up the good work guys! :)

"Wild Things" by Melissa (Alabama)


"Winter" by Heather (Maryland)


"Boys Will Be Boys" by Christina (Missouri)


"Nature" by Julie (Missouri)


"Napa Valley" by Sharon (California)


"Blowing Bub-os" by Lisa (Indiana)


"Pike's Peak or Bust" by Steffanie (Oregon)


"Meeting Ava" by Carolyn (Kansas)



Aren't they all great!

If you have a layout you've creating using a Sketches for Scrapbooking sketch and want to share it in the next Around the World post send it to me at alidavis1919@hotmail.com with "Around the World" in the subject line. It would also be great if you could include a link to your blog or gallery and what state you are from. I look forward to seeing them!

Happy Monday!

11 comments:

dawn said...

These were all great layouts. I especially liked that some were from your favorite sketch with the circles on the left side. Thanks for sharing with us, it's fun to see what others are doing. Great job to everyone.

Glad your computer started working Allison, hate it when mine does that too. Happy Monday

Kelly said...

I feel lost when our computer is down. Glad you are back and running.

Love these layouts. I esp love the snow/ice drip on Heather's and Lisa's bubble one with the circles! They are ALL Fabulous!!

I'd like to know what sketch book they are using and which one out of that book too.

Amy from KC said...

I love to see layouts from other people. It is so fun to see what others are doing with your sketches, Ali. There are some lovely layouts being created out there using your great ideas as their initiating spark! I bet that feels really cool.

Congratulations on your success at CHA, too. I see big things in the future for you!

Scrapthat said...

Very cool Layouts...all of them!! I've been a scrapping fool since receiving your book and I'm still going!
Glad you got your comp. up and running!!

csewy-csescrap13 said...

Thank you for including my layout, "Meeting Ava", in your "Around the World", for this month!! I feel very honored to have been choosen along with the other wonderful scrappers!!! Your work is a great inspirations!

senora_x said...

So glad you got your computer to work! I could just see my hubby doing the same thing and walking around with that smug look! Too funny! Love seeing all the different interpretations of your sketches! Thanks for featuring my Nature layout!

Steffanie said...

So cool seeing my layout on your blog! Thanks for the inspiration, Ali, and for including me in your Around the World tour!

Sharon said...

I think the thing I love most about Ali's sketch books is that every layout looks different, even if the same sketch is used. These sketch books are a great starting point and always spark my creativity! Thanks for including me too, Ali!

Allison Davis said...

Dawn, I keep meaning to tell you Thank You for the birthday cards. That was so incredibly sweet of you and I appreciate it so much! :)

Kelly, I'll see if I can't work that into the next Around the World post. :)

Amy, thank you so much!

Scrapthat, I'm so glad you are getting good use out of the book! The pages you showed me are great! :)

csewy, you are so welcome and thank you for letting me post it. It is an adorable page with an adorable baby girl! :)

senora_x, thank you for letting me post your layout! You do such a beautiful job (I remember this from your other layouts too), with picking out the perfect papers. They always compliment the pictures so well. :)

Steff, you are welcome, and thank you right back at ya' for letting me post your layout. With the heat wave we are having right now your pictures have me wishing for some snow to jump into! You did a fabulous job with the sketch and I love the icon circles. They are the perfect touch! :)

Sharon, you are welcome! Thank you for letting me share your beautiful page. Those flowers are awesome and eye catching!:)

A big thank you to all of the Around the World layout creators! I really have enjoyed looking at all the details and personal style involved in each one. You all did a fantastic job of taking a sketch and turning into a beautiful layout. :)

Mary Lou said...

I just LOVE your work and your sketches. I use them a lot when creating my LO's. THANK YOU for putting them out there!!!

Janie said...

I am loving that there is more than 1 photo on your pages!