Monday, July 18, 2011
Today is the day that I am officially "in" my thirties. I don't know how I feel about this. That's a whole new ballgame and much rougher than turning thirty. 31. IN my thirties. You know what Drew told me? "I'll still love you even though you're old."
• My Grandma told me I was young.
• Even though I'm not feeling so young, I'm still the youngest in my family, on both sides. That is if you don't include all the little kids. Work with me here, I'm reaching.
• I'm younger than Kate Hudson, Jessica Simpson, Reese Witherspoon, and Katie Holmes. Of course they all look like they are 20 and will probably continue to look like they are 20 at age 50.
• I still sit at the "kids table" on Thanksgiving at my Grandpa's.
• I don't like that there are certain stores that have clothes I love but I feel like I'm too old to shop there.
• It's weird to think that I've actually almost been driving as long as I haven't.
• I considered entering a radio contest to win $1,000 of Botox.
• When a 24-year-old girl said that she wasn't looking forward to 25 I really wanted to throw a heavy object at her head.
• I didn't even want a family birthday party this year. I was thinking along the lines of if we don't celebrate it, I don't actually have a birthday and I won't really turn 31.
• I think I'm turning into my mother.
In all seriousness, I'm not enjoying the thought of being 31 but really how bad could it be? I have two adorable boys that I love more than anything in the world. I have a husband that totally gets me and loves me anyway. I have a job that I actually enjoy. I have family that I have a blast spending time with.
Thirty-one might not be so bad after all. :)
Posted by Allison Davis at 8:14 AM