Sunday, February 5, 2012

How do you say I love you?

I don't know where it came from or who said it first but the boys and I have a special way we say "I love you."


Drew is "I love you oodles and bunches!"


Jackson is "I love you toots and tarts!"

They both sound ridiculously silly and if overheard in public I'm sure we would get some strange looks. So what does oodles and bunches and toots and tarts mean?

I love you more than anything in the world.
more than legos
more than video games
more than scrapbooking
more than macaroni and cheese
more than Lightning McQueen
more than Disneyworld
more than cupcakes
more than the beach
more than movie night
more than a Mickey rocket
more than play-doh
more than peanut butter

more than a.n.y.t.h.i.n.g.

The second you say it to one another you can't help but to smile. I'm sure as the boys get older I'll hear it less and less. As teenagers I'm sure they will be too embarrassed to utter the words "I love you" to their mom and the oodles and bunches or toots and tarts will be mortifying. I'll understand though.

I'll never be too embarrassed to say it. It's what I'll say to them for the rest of my life.
••••••••••••••••••••••

10 comments:

Jodi said...

I so love this!! SUPER CUTE!!!

dawn said...

i'm hoping to do this layout for each of my kids this month. i love collages of their faces and this will be perfect.

I was at Barnes and Nobles today and saw the One Line a Day book, sooo excited to see it there. Didn't have enough money with me so going back in a couple weeks and getting one for me and maybe even my mom. I love love this idea.
Happy Sunday to you!!

snapdragon said...

The best part will be when you send them out the door on their first dates and you call out, "Have a good time! I love you toots and tarts!"

Luv2talk said...

Best post EVER! ADORABLE. (And I really like the LO, too. Different, but totally amazing!)

Carolyn Wolff said...

Ha, I love this story. You are likely right and this will become a faded memory but really enjoy it while you can. Take every hug and every snuggle you can get.

Oh, great layout too!

Jennifer DeWolfe said...

Ok that has to be the cutest thing I have ever heard! So awesome that you made a page for each of the boys! I love it!

LisiB said...

Ohhh, this is so cute! We all need to get all the snuggles, kisses, hugs and cuddles as long as we can. Your layout it fantastic.

Unknown said...

Allison I am a new follower and discovered you over at Nikki Sivils, you talent for creating amazes me and I've yet to check out your scetches. I love your journaling, it pulls everything together, you are so organized, it shows.
I think I just may be your new biggest fan!!!! Love your work and style, you rock!!!

www.scrapbookingforbeginners-naomi.blogspot.com

Ellen Jarvis said...

SO SWEET, toots and tarts, oodles and bunches!! When my daughter was little, we played the game of I love you more than .... often. I still do play it with my hubby now that my DD has moved on to be a wife and Mom herself. I think the last one she told me was: "I love you more than all the stars in the sky." Now, she's tattooed on her wrist (and I'm not fond of the tattoo, but that's another story for another day): "...to the moon and back."

I came over from the Nikki Sivils Doghouse ... nice to see you there and I appreciate the link to your blogsite. I've enjoyed trolling through it!

Thank you for the inspiration!

Fondly,
Ellen ♥ CardMonkey
http://cardmonkey-business.blogspot.com
E-mail: cardmonkey@comcast.net

alisonm said...

Allison, my son just graduated from Naval boot camp and at age 23, he still says, "I love you too!" I always remember to say "Hello my little ray of sunshine!" whenever I talk to him.
They always want to hear it if it is from the heart......