Tuesday, March 20, 2012

A day with Jackson

A couple of weeks ago I drove the boys to school like I always do. We dropped Drew off first and I noticed that Jackson was abnormally quiet in the backseat. I walked Jackson to his classroom and he gave me the same hug and kiss I get every morning. It was all very routine. Except for Jackson's mood. He just seemed kind of sad.

I drove home to get ready for work and I just couldn't get his sad little face out of my mind. I felt terrible about it. I got home, got ready and drove back to Jackson's school to pick him up. I'm in a very unique and lucky situation where I can pretty much do whatever I want job-wise. And on that day I made the executive decision that he could spend the day at Scrapbook Generation with me.


I could not stand to see him so sad when I dropped him off and then go about my day like it was normal. Not when I have the freedom I have with my job. I spend way too much time saying "Goodness, time is flying by!" and often times without doing anything about it. I know I can't slow it down but I can make the most of it!

Jackson isn't going to be this age much longer and I love this age! I'm going to blink and he's going to be in Kindergarten. Two blinks and he'll be graduating high school. I needed to take a day (and many more) to spend with him and enjoy the three-year-old Jackson before he's all grown up!

 This cute smile is so much more important than work!

Now is it professional to have a three-year-old running around the store belting out the lyrics to Michael Jackson's Thriller? Probably not. Was it funny and quite possibly one of the best times I've ever had with Jackson? Absolutely!
••••••••••••••••••

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

His little face is as sweet and cute as he is! Not to mention the fact that he's hilarious. I'd take a day with him anytime too!

dawn said...

How sweet these photos are, he is a cutie for sure!!

How awesome that you did this for the both of you. I'm sure it made his day and gave you a chance to get more hugs and smiles.

I was hoping you'd post something here soon, was getting worried.Hope you are all doing well and your grandpa is also. Have been keeping all of you in my prayers!! HUGS!

Gloria Hill said...

I'm sure Grandma Deb & Auntie Karen enjoyed him, too. :o) Good decision. What a cutie!

Scrapbook Generation said...

He is the sweetest thing! I love this age, too...hate to see it leave.
MOM

Marielle said...

this layout is just beautiful Allison :)

Allison Davis said...

Thank you everyone! :)