Thursday, March 18, 2010

Retreat classes

If it's March, it's spring retreat season at Scrapbook Generation.

Last Saturday I made my way to Branson to teach these two classes...

Happy Birthday


This birthday layout has a larger version of the simple paper pieced cake I showed in this post. So far everyone has loved how simple it is to put together and all the ladies were trading different ideas to incorporate this into other pages and themes. It really was a fun class and I'm looking forward to teaching it again the next two weekends.

When I Grow Up


For this class we used Tim Holtz's Perfect Pearls. We stamped a swirl pattern onto butterflies and then brushed the Perfect Pearls over the swirls to give them a little simmer and metallic look. I'm in love with Perfect Pearls! They almost remind me of Glimmer Mist without the mess of spraying. Plus you can get that simmer in a specific area.

On both layouts I used My Mind's Eye papers and die cuts. I always love using My Mind's Eye for my class layouts (and everything else!). Their super cute titles, journaling blocks and die cuts make everything go together fast so we can spend the class focusing on a fun new technique or learning how to use a certain product.

I hope everyone has a great weekend! And if you're going to be at our retreat in Branson I'll see you on Saturday! :)

3 comments:

dawn said...

These are great sketches, love the birthday cake. I would love to be at the retreat, if only I lived closer. Have a great weekend too.

Penny Peck said...

love both lay-outs - will sign up for them at the store. Have a relaxing time at the retreat

Luv2talk said...

All your LO's are winners. That's why I LOVE the SKETCH BOOKS and can't wait for the DVD!